Yeah, I'm late on posting this because it was released on the airwaves on Friday...(I blame it on taxes. URGH!).
If you haven't heard this 'cast yet, it may be a controversial one. I don't follow traditional rules of food and wine pairing but I'm also dead set against the "anything pairs" philosophy too.
To give you a teaser...I say if you want to get a good pairing, make like a vegetarian! I presented this concept at the American Culinary Federation's Southeast Regional Meeting and it was well received by the chefs...but let's see what you think. Of course, please comment below so I can hear what you have to say!
Here's a quick outline of what to expect:
- Shout-outs - Some really funny Twitter replies, comments on the blog, and Facebook posts
- Main Topic - Food and Wine Pairing
- The great controversy - should we drink what we like?
- Some basic rules to remember
- The regional influence on food and wine pairing
- Dessert!! Should you drink wine with sweets?
- Grape (or Wine Style) of the Week - Rosé (roh-ZAY)...it may be pink but that doesn't mean it's sweet
- How rosé wines are made
- Grapes from which rosé is made
- Well-known regions for producing rosé wines
- Typical flavor profiles of rosé
Here's the link:
To listen, download the podcast from the iTunes store (and if you like it, and haven't done so already, please add a comment or rate it so we can make sure to stay on the radar, which helps other folks find us easily that would be great!), click the link above, or use the player below! Thanks for listening!