Ok, even if you don't care, it's still important to know the difference between "organic", "biodynamic", or "sustainable" on a wine label because they seem to be the terms du jour these days. Everyone from wine shops to wineries to wine nerds throw around these fashionable terms and it's good to know the differences between them.
WARNING too...I did use a few naughty words in this episode, so please don't listen with the kids in the car...
And some deets on the show...
- Shout-outs - Some great Twitter replies, comments on the blog, iTunes reviews, and Facebook posts
- Main Topic - Organic, Biodynamic, and Sustainable Wines
- Sustainable - Not certified... but maybe it should be
- Organic - A certification for certain winegrowing practices
- Biodynamic - Definitely some weird science going on - a must listen!
- Let Us Know (on Facebook) - Does "organic", "biodynamic", or "sustainable" matter to you?
- Grape of the Week - Grüner Veltliner (GROO-nah velt-LEEN-ah)
- Next Week - Terroir and Pinot Noir -- How the grape is different around the world!
Here's the link:
To listen, download the podcast from the iTunes store (and if you like it please add a comment or rate it so we can make sure to stay on the radar, which helps other folks find us easily that would be great!), click the link above, or use the player below! Thanks for listening!