Ok, we had another great week with guest host M.C. Ice.
On this one, I took a risk of alienating all my friends in the wine industry and offered my take on it, which seemed to me, before I got into it, to be very difficult to figure out from the outside. I give a few pointers and offer some hard truths about it (it's not as pretty as you may think when you're sitting behind your computer at your day job thinking about making a move into it). MC Ice was great to have around for this one, since he lived it with me while I was working for the big hulking winery!
Here are the show notes:
Main topic: Inside the Wine Industry
- · How does the wine industry work? -- Regulation, the three tier system, and how it functions
- A few ways you can get into the industry if you want to pursue it as a career
- The real scoop -- My opinions on how it's far from glitz and glamour. M.C. Ice and I share some personal experiences and tell it how it really is
- Personalities in the wine industry -- from the veteran to the lifestyle junkie, to the snobs, you'll find it all in this biz
- To sum it all up: think long and hard before diving into the wine industry...it's not too much different from any other business, despite what it looks like from the outside!
And...The Grape of the Week is Cabernet Franc
Don't forget to join the conversation on Facebook!
To listen, download the podcast from the iTunes store (and if you like it please add a comment or rate it so we can make sure to stay on the radar, which helps other folks find us easily that would be great!), click the link above, or use the player below! Thanks for listening!