By popular request...on this podcast we tackle the very nerdy topic of how wine is made. We tried to follow the flavor and not get too dorky about the technical details.
MC Ice guest hosts again but Rick is making a comeback very soon...he's been taking a hiatus to focus on some important business but I'm excited for his comeback!
Here are the show notes for this week:
Shoutouts to friends on Twitter, Facebook, iTunes, and commenters on email and on the blog
Main Topic: How a Grape Becomes a Wine
- It all starts in the vineyard: the importance of terroir
- Grape flavors
- Destemming and crushing and what they do to flavor
- Fermentation and how yeast can change the taste of wine
- Malolactic fermentation: What it is and why it matters
- Aging, another word on oak, and the tale of dead yeas
- Blending and why the winemaker is an artist
Click here or download the 'cast below...
Please leave us your feedback here (including show suggestions!), on the Wine For Normal People Facebook Page, and on Twitter @normalwine
Thanks for listening!