Here are the show notes...
- Some fun facts about the Chardonnay grape and why everyone loves it (this is the real dorky stuff and some surprising things about how boring the grape is on its own...)
- Typical profiles of the Old World v. New World Styles
- Major (and not so major) growing regions in the Old World: Burgundy (see the Primer if you want more info on this), Champagne, Northern Italy, Austria, Germany, Eastern Europe
- Major growing regions in the New World: South America, South Africa (see the picture below of me petting the lion cub, as mentioned! I didn't mention it was at a preserve, I didn't just hop out of the car and pet a wild one!), Australia, New Zealand California and some other spots
- A word on food and Chardonnay pairing...
If you like the 'cast, please review us on iTunes and we'll give you a shout out!