By popular demand, we finally did it. Hopefully you'll feel you got your "Just Desserts..." (cheesy, I know, but I gotta be me).
Here is the link: WFNP: Just Desserts
This is an OVERVIEW (yes, there are some dessert wines we left out...sorry Vin Santo and Australian stickies...we'll get you next time) of some of the major dessert wines available.
Rick and I hit some high level points and, in true Wine For Normal People fashion, we discuss everything from the NASCAR grape (NASCAR is US auto-racing for those of you abroad) to why rot is so awesome in dessert wine...
Here are the show notes:
- Port: The big daddy of dessert wine
- A shout out to sweet Champagne…en vogue again
- Madeira: Thomas Jefferson’s favorite
- Sherry: Not an old-lady drink
- Vin doux Naturel – not really naturally sweet, but tasty nonetheless
- Why moldy grapes make kick-ass wine everywhere from Germany to Hungary
- A word on late harvest wines