This week I sit down with Jim Morris of Michel-Schlumberger in the Dry Creek Valley. We had such a fabulous time. We've known each other for a while but this was our first chance to just chat and dork out on wine.
A blog post on their wines is forthcoming...as are some videos I shot on their gorgeous property!
Here's a link to the podcast: Click Here
And here are the high level show notes:
- Jim gives some background on Michel-Schlumberger -- its European roots, its winemaking philosophy, and why it's such a unique place (hint: they are really normal and focus on education -- totally up WFNP's alley!). Jim posits it's his lederhosen that make the wine so great.
- We drill down on organic farming in practice. We got our hands dirty, dishing on honey bees, cover crops, and dog on the big wineries, talking about why sustainability should be called sustain-BULL-ity.
- Jim talks about the challenges of the 2010 and 2011 vintages.
- I put Jim on the spot and get him to tell a wild story about a cross-dresser, and what NOT to do in a tasting room. We discuss the ins and outs of the "lush rush" and why you don't want any part of that
- We hug, cheers, and drink some great glasses of Michel-Schlumberger.
Please drop a comment on the Facebook Page.
Dig the podcast? Please review us on iTunes and we'll give you a shout out!