MC Ice (normal wine person, husband, and podcast host extraordinaire) and I are back from hiatus this week. We start with a thanks to everyone for their hospitality on our Napa/Sonoma Harvest trip! I'm chronicling it on the blog, so scroll down (and up) for details!
Here's the link: Click HERE
Shout outs from iTunes -- amazing new reviews! And a shout out from a listener to Ellie, the dog (hence the pictures)
Main Topic: Bargain Wines
- Thanks to listener Leslie Strolla for the topic!
- Defining what we mean: Cheap v. Bargain
- The top bargains from Europe: places where people speak Spanish, Bordeaux (yup, that's right), some Southern Italian gems
- BAD values...gotta listen to find out!
- The top bargains from English speaking countries: 1 part of California, and down under...
- White v. red -- which is a better bargain? My take
- Some info on the sausage factory (or the bait and switch business that happens in the world of cheap wine...)
- Listener question from Emir from Boston: What's the deal with wine clubs?
We want you to Call us!!! Anything wine-related is fair game!
Call 800-599-8478 (in the U.S.) or 1-415-226-9105 and dial extension 5 to leave your question for the Wine For Normal People Podcast, and we will play it on the show!
- Grape of the week: Malbec (one of the best bargains around)