This week's podcast features some new stuff.
A listener question for M.C. Ice challenges him about why he bothers to shop for wine. Then we get into the business of wine in business.
Here's the LINK
Here's the LINK
In the corporate events and speaking engagements I do, I always address wine business etiquette and this podcast is a compilation of the tips I give and questions I've answered.
We talk about a ton of stuff, including:
- Resisting the temptation to play the know-it-all game
- How to pick or be a host in wine ordering -- sharing, gathering ideas, not making assumptions, and using the sommelier to break tension
- Watching the budget, it's not hard to do!
- Knowing when to abstain
- Giving wine as a gift
- Dealing with colleagues who have different financial situations
- Handling colleagues or associates who treat the staff like crap
At the end of the podcast, a new feature! A listener call in. We have a quick conversation with Barbie, a listener from New York, about blind tasting and what we think about it. Thanks to Barbie for being our first victim! It was great fun.
If you want to appear as a caller on the podcast, send me a message via Facebook, Twitter, or to elizabeth [at] winefornormalpeople [dot] com.
And for inquiries about corporate events or speaking engagements, send an email with your request and event description, including dates.
Thanks to audible.com - our new sponsor! Get a FREE audiobook download at www.audibletrial.com/winefornormalpeople. There are more than 100,000 titles to choose from, including some great wine books, for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
Thanks for listening! We can't wait to hear from you! If you've got a question you want us to answer, post it we'll include it on the show!